Janet Bolitho offers walking – and riding – tours in Port Melbourne, Montague, and Fishermans Bend.
Port Walks are grounded in history, walk the present, and invite conversation about the future.
- The lost community of Montague
- Fishermans Bend – past, present and future
- Port’s piers
- Post Second World War Migration
- Housing History – bank houses, public housing, workers’ cottages, re-used factories – Port’s got it all
- The Transformation of Port Melbourne, 1980s to today. How did it happen?
- The Nature in Port Melbourne – lagoons to constructed raingardens, sand ridges to sand dunes
If there is a theme you would like to explore, please contact me so that we can design a walk or a ride to suit your interests, time and energy.
$5o per person for up to 5 people ($150 minimum charge)
or $35 per person for 6 – 10 people.
Inquiries via the contact form on this website or via janet.bolitho at gmail.com
Membership and Affiliation
Janet Bolitho is a member of the Professional Tour Guides Association of Australia
Background and experience
Janet is constantly researching the history of Port Melbourne and surrounds as well as keeping abreast of changes in the area and Fishermans Bend. She has a deep knowledge of the area. Through conversations with many former residents over the years, she has unique stories to share.
She has designed and delivered walking tours for over 10 years
Janet has led many walks for
- Port Melbourne Historical and Preservation Society
- Friends of Westgate Park
- City of Port Phillip’s guided walk programme
- The Piers Festival
- Jane’s Walks