News in Port Places – May 2016
22 May 2016
- Extensive media coverage of the proposal to demolish the London Hotel and replace it with an 8 level apartment development.
Historic Port Melbourne waterfront pub could be bulldozed for apartments, Clay Lucas, The Age, May 18 2016
- Paul Little starts a trial of a ferry service from Wyndham Harbour to Docklands
Sun rises on Melbourne’s first commuter ferry, Aisha Dow, the Age, May 16, 2016
- Approval given for redevelopment of the former Convention Centre at North Wharf.
$1b development to plant three tree-topped towers on Melbourne’s World Trade Centre site, Clay Lucas, The Age, May 9, 2016
- VicRoads to begin work on measures to alert drivers to the 3m height limit on the Montague Bridge
Safety upgrade to begin on Melbourne’s accident-prone Montague Street bridge, The Guardian, May 19, 2016
- Kooringa Way, the major road exiting Webb Dock onto Todd Road, opened on May 17, 2016