Planning for 150 Turner St
City of Melbourne does not find much to support in the application for 150 Turner St
While the Minister for Planning is the Responsible Authority for this application in the Lorimer Precinct of Fishermans Bend, the City of Melbourne’s comments were sought.
At its planning meeting on 6 October, the Council resolved to write to the Minister advising that they did not support the application for a 30 storey building on a number of grounds including that
- a majority of apartments rely on borrowed light
- there was insufficient setback from Turner St (which is proposed to be a linear parkway)
- there were insufficient setbacks between podium and tower
- there were unreasonable wind tunnel effects at ground level
- it would exceed the density contemplated for Fishermans Bend in the Strategic Framework Plan, was distant from public transport, and would put strain on community services and facilities.
Report to the Future Melbourne (Planning) Meeting 150 Turner Street, Port Melbourne 6 October 2015
Urban Melbourne show an image of the proposal for 150 Turner St amongst its discussion of other applications considered at the 6 October meeting