Port Walks are grounded in history, walk the present, and invite conversation about the future.
Janet is constantly researching the history of Port Melbourne and surrounds as well as keeping abreast of changes in the area and Fishermans Bend. She has a deep knowledge of the area. Through conversations with many former residents over the years, she has unique stories to share.
- The lost community of Montague
- Fishermans Bend – past, present and future
- Port Melbourne’s piers and waterfront
- Port Melbourne’s place in post war migration
- Housing history
- The transformation of Port Melbourne, 1980s to today
- The nature in Port Melbourne – lagoons to raingardens
- Lost industries of Port Melbourne
If there is a theme you would like to explore, please contact me so that we can design a walk or a ride to suit your interests, time and energy.
$50 per person for up to 5 people ($150 minimum charge)
or $35 per person for 6 – 10 people.
Inquiries via the contact form on this website or via janet.bolitho at gmail.com
Membership and Affiliation
Janet Bolitho is a member of the Professional Tour Guides Association of Australia
Background and experience
Janet has designed and delivered walking tours for over 10 years.
She has led walks for
- City of Port Phillip’s guided walk programme
- Port Melbourne Historical and Preservation Society
- Westgate Biodiversity Bili Nursery and Landcare
- Open House Melbourne
- University of Melbourne
- National Trust Heritage Festival
- The Piers Festival
- Jane’s Walks